Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

"My Radio Listening Habits"

Listening over the radio has been a part of my favorite pastimes since I was still a kid. Before, I would just choose a random station playing a song that suits my mood. But as time went by, I learned to choose and appreciate certain genres, and so my choice of stations became more specific. This hobby, listening over the radio, has also become a part of my undying passion for music.





***





When I was still a "radio-listening freak" (as of now, I really can't listen over the radio for some reasons) I used to tune in to stations I consider very common like WRR 101.9 (for life!), 101.1 Yes! FM, or 102.7 Star FM and watch out for the weekly top ten or any popular song at the time.




It wasn't until I learned the station Kool 106.7 when I became more "attached" to that one. As in, that would be just the same station I would tune in to, and I would certainly not miss itw weekly top 10 most popular hits. I even had the habit of listing down each and every title that belongs to the top 10 (or 20?), just for fun... How freak could that be?!











But now, Kool 106 has already been out of the frequencies, and 106.7 Dream FM ("Your comfortable choice...") is in. Although it's main theme of music is a lot more different than the former station's ---- it mainly plays jazz, bossa, standards; hits from the "yesteryears" ---- I also came to appreciate this new station. Since, just like what happened to the very station, I shifted my interest in music from the usual pop and dance to standards. I became more addicted to the Dream FM, especially when it had its weekly Standards Sessions, no matter how late should I have to stay up just to finish the 3-hour program.




***




When it comes to genres of music, my three most favorites are standards, bossa nova and jazz. I have been a huge fan of these genres for four years now, starting when I was still in first year high school. I know it seems very odd for somebody like me to fall for the mentioned kinds of music --- the songs I really love to hear are always "older" than me, being popularized before I was born or maybe even before my parents were (hehehe). Ewan, I just love these genres SO MUCH.

But still, because I consider myself as a "MUSICAHOLIC" in general, I also appreciate almost every kind of music. Almost. There are some exceptions to that matter, of course.

No comments: