I haven't been true to my word. For some reasons --- again and again and again --- I still am not back to blogging, even a bit sooner... Well. Whatever. Anywaaaaaay...
***
I just bought a new book (um, kind of new book; it's already second-hand) from Book Sale.
Oh, my gosh, this wasn't the edition I have come across... But this cover is GREAT!!! Somehow already romantic (especially if you know the whole story, before the novel even existed)
This is my edition... Paperback.
As seen on the cover, it is a novel of the 1942 classic film, Casablanca (starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman, whose images are also on the cover). The novel is also a sequel to the film. Yeah, I know. Most of the times it would be the film turned into a novel (novelization) or a novel turned into a film (film adaptation). But as far as I know, this is the only novel that is written as a sequel to such motion picture... Casablanca, for that matter.
Well, I have already begun devouring this book (I was overjoyed when I saw the book as I was browsing the store... The book that I was hoping to find is actually any biography about the lovely Ingrid Bergman. But, discovering a novel about my latest favorite film is the next best thing... Or rather, still the best thing to happen.) Anyway, I hope I could get through it soon. It seems to be as great as the original film. Oh, I'll just read and see. And perhaps, fall in love all over again, with the enduring romance between Rick Blaine and Ilsa Lund. XD
***
"We'll always have Paris... We didn't have, we --- we lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night..." - Rick, to Ilsa
*sobs*
So, obviously, Casablanca is my latest, or could be "newest", addiction. As I've mentioned a while ago, it is a 1942 classic film directed by Michael Curtiz, and starring, again, the legends Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman (also one of the best silver screen's couple, in my opinion). I've been very much curious about this film for quite a while, especially with all the reviews and comments I learn from this film. And it was just a few weeks ago when my curiosity was satisfied... And, well, all I can say to sum it up is: IT WAS SUCH A LOVELY FILM. SIMPLE, YET UNFORGETTABLE. IT'S SOMETHING THAT I'LL NEVER GET TIRED OF SEEING OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN! Yes, and "here's looking at you, kid." XD
(I won't be blabbering much about the film's plot, just see for yourselves. Hehehe. Since, I also can't think of the proper words to retell the marvelous story... XD)
***
Gone with the Wind or Casablanca? I should say, Casablanca. Wala lang, epalation. :)
***
As Time Goes By
(performed by Arthur "Dooley" Wilson, Casablanca OST)
You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.
And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you."
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by.
They still say, "I love you."
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by.
Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date.
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate.
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny.
Never out of date.
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate.
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny.
It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by...
Au revoir.



No comments:
Post a Comment