Ayun, andame ding nangyari simula nung huling blog post ko. Mwahaha. Balitaan blues na ititch!
Indeed, I am a GC: Grade Conscious. But not that GC kind that is overly conscious with grades. Some kind of a GC- Grade subconscious. Nyahahaha! Meganun?!?
What I really mean to say is that although I may be a real conscious student, I am not conscious of having but such sky-scraper grades; I am conscious of passing, that's all.
And I've discovered it just lately.
So, verdict day has finally come. To be more specific, it is the day when all of us, students, are praying, that somehow we would be receiving satisfactory marks for each and every subject we've faced for the whole sem. In much simpler terms, distribution na po ng mga class cards, people (I know what you're thinking: It's kind of baduy daba? Haha. My mom does think so.).
Almost all of cards were given today. Dapat talaga lahat-lahat na, pa-important pa yung isang subject (Physics-Lec.. madugo! Haha! kukwento ko later). Pero, anyway, ayun nga, nakuha na namin lahat ng grades namin. To be honest, some of the results were not really impressive, especially for those who were used to those so-called impressive outcomes (and I guess, I belong to that bracket before, but not anymore. hahaha).. I was such a loser at my major subjects; good thing I did quite well at the others. Basta ayun na yun. Not really impressive or maybe even satisfactory, but fair enough. I still passed my subjects, you know, even Physics lec (everybody's favorite subject as of now!! Favorite ipasa!! haha kakaloka talaga!!).
Konting digression nga muna, Physics Lecture, *bow*. We were really supposed to claim our class cards in that subject today (which is, by the way, also the last day for distribution), but as it turns out, almost every student flunked in that very subject! Sa klase nga lang namin, out of fifteen BS Math sophomore students, only 2 have passed, and what's worse is I'm not one of those 2 people (pero ang sabi ng iba sa amin, nangtitrip lang daw ang prof namin. Haha. I have a hunce that it's true, feel na feel ko na nga eh. I wasn't nervous nor upset with that "news". He must be kidding! hahaha! meganun na naman?!??). Anyway, we, the ones who failed, have to take a removal exam in order to pass (last resort na namin yun.. tres o singko lang DAW yun!! Haha) Okay, I took the exam, along with my 12 classmates, nevertheless. In the end, it was only me who passed that R.E. (talk about good luck!! hahaha! chamba ang byuti ng lula niyo!), and we still didn't get our cards ---- we needed to go back tomorrow to get it. O. M. to the G! Ewan ko, basta ang alam ko nangjojoke pa rin si Sir dun sa singko kami! chuchu! hihi
Anyway, back to the main topic. As I've mentioned earlier, we have finally claimed our golden class cards (with not so golden grades. haha. peace). The results, they were quite fair, although not that impressive. But guess what?! I really didn't feel any disappointments for that outcomes. A little bit of regret, I have felt, but no total disappointments talaga.. HONEST! Haha! In fact, I even felt much more elated and cheerful today, despite the fact that I stank at my major exams, and that I allegedly flunked at Physics, and that our prof made us wait for ages just to find out we have to return the next day to claim the sole class card we haven't got yet. Maybe because...
Oh well.. At least, I still passed. And I still have my next semester to give all my best once again. I know this isn't the end of everything. This is, in fact, the beginning, isn't it? There's still a lot more room for improvement. Just always give yourself a chance.(pampalubag-loob. hehe)
It's been quite long since I have realized that I cannot run for candidacy for honors anymore.. I could still hope for it.. But with almost all of these grades I had for these semester, and also for the very first semester I had in PLM, I don't think I have the chance, and who would want to have such false hopes for that?!?
But it'so just fine with me, really. It doesn't matter to me anymore, whether or not I would be able to run for cum laude and have it. I know it's still something different, graduating "with honors" but as you can see, with some kind of a not so impressive performance O had, I really can't do it at all. And I just don't want to give myself a hard time now (hey, I know that running for and being cum laude emeans hard work, but great work done in the end.. yet I can't find my interest in it anymore.. haha. meganun!!), because for the record, for the first ten years of my life as a student, I've already undergone some kind of a torture with pressure and stress to remain in the top students' lists. (I didn't even miss those quarterly post-ups of top students, really. hahaha) It has been quite advantageous in some ways, being on the honor roll, but it could still have its disadvantages. Now, I don't want to experience those disadvantages, as I faced the reality that I can't really run for honors anymore.Kulet. haha.
Besides, I know that even though I couldn't really make it, even in the list of candidates for graduating with honors, I have still been able to prove my capabilities not only as a student, but generally speaking, as a person as well. I have already done it in the past, and could go on doing it in the future, in such a way that doesn't necessarily involve having certain honors. Another one, I don't want to study now, because I just have to be on the top students, like what I have done since I was in the first grade until in my last year in high school (Come to think of it, I kind of disliked it in some ways... hahaha. adik lang.). I have to study to be the best student I can be, regardless of how many recognitions or awards or whatever merits could be given. Yun yun eh.
Bye for now. This isn't exactly everything I was going to post. Kulang pa to. haha. Hahabol na lang ang byuti ko! Auf Wiedersehen!
***
Indeed, I am a GC: Grade Conscious. But not that GC kind that is overly conscious with grades. Some kind of a GC- Grade subconscious. Nyahahaha! Meganun?!?
What I really mean to say is that although I may be a real conscious student, I am not conscious of having but such sky-scraper grades; I am conscious of passing, that's all.
And I've discovered it just lately.
***
So, verdict day has finally come. To be more specific, it is the day when all of us, students, are praying, that somehow we would be receiving satisfactory marks for each and every subject we've faced for the whole sem. In much simpler terms, distribution na po ng mga class cards, people (I know what you're thinking: It's kind of baduy daba? Haha. My mom does think so.).
Almost all of cards were given today. Dapat talaga lahat-lahat na, pa-important pa yung isang subject (Physics-Lec.. madugo! Haha! kukwento ko later). Pero, anyway, ayun nga, nakuha na namin lahat ng grades namin. To be honest, some of the results were not really impressive, especially for those who were used to those so-called impressive outcomes (and I guess, I belong to that bracket before, but not anymore. hahaha).. I was such a loser at my major subjects; good thing I did quite well at the others. Basta ayun na yun. Not really impressive or maybe even satisfactory, but fair enough. I still passed my subjects, you know, even Physics lec (everybody's favorite subject as of now!! Favorite ipasa!! haha kakaloka talaga!!).
Konting digression nga muna, Physics Lecture, *bow*. We were really supposed to claim our class cards in that subject today (which is, by the way, also the last day for distribution), but as it turns out, almost every student flunked in that very subject! Sa klase nga lang namin, out of fifteen BS Math sophomore students, only 2 have passed, and what's worse is I'm not one of those 2 people (pero ang sabi ng iba sa amin, nangtitrip lang daw ang prof namin. Haha. I have a hunce that it's true, feel na feel ko na nga eh. I wasn't nervous nor upset with that "news". He must be kidding! hahaha! meganun na naman?!??). Anyway, we, the ones who failed, have to take a removal exam in order to pass (last resort na namin yun.. tres o singko lang DAW yun!! Haha) Okay, I took the exam, along with my 12 classmates, nevertheless. In the end, it was only me who passed that R.E. (talk about good luck!! hahaha! chamba ang byuti ng lula niyo!), and we still didn't get our cards ---- we needed to go back tomorrow to get it. O. M. to the G! Ewan ko, basta ang alam ko nangjojoke pa rin si Sir dun sa singko kami! chuchu! hihi
Anyway, back to the main topic. As I've mentioned earlier, we have finally claimed our golden class cards (with not so golden grades. haha. peace). The results, they were quite fair, although not that impressive. But guess what?! I really didn't feel any disappointments for that outcomes. A little bit of regret, I have felt, but no total disappointments talaga.. HONEST! Haha! In fact, I even felt much more elated and cheerful today, despite the fact that I stank at my major exams, and that I allegedly flunked at Physics, and that our prof made us wait for ages just to find out we have to return the next day to claim the sole class card we haven't got yet. Maybe because...
- I have seen it coming. In some ways, I have already known that my grades wouldn't really turn out as very good (especially for my grandma who is much and much and MUCH GC than me! Hehehe! Peaceout!), but just good, or perhaps dreadful. Haha (Pang-GC. Haha). It made me aware, but not in an upset or disappointed manner. Perhaps I have already accepted it since then, that I won't be having satisfactory grades, but it doesn't mean that I still didn't give my best (I'm telling you, natiyempuhan lang ako nun. As in. haha.)
- It's our first take on our major.. Ngayon lang kami nagka-kursong talaga di ba. I guess, it still has something to do with our grades. We're kind of adjusting again. Maybe we could just give it all back during the second semester. We'll see.
Oh well.. At least, I still passed. And I still have my next semester to give all my best once again. I know this isn't the end of everything. This is, in fact, the beginning, isn't it? There's still a lot more room for improvement. Just always give yourself a chance.
***
It's been quite long since I have realized that I cannot run for candidacy for honors anymore.. I could still hope for it.. But with almost all of these grades I had for these semester, and also for the very first semester I had in PLM, I don't think I have the chance, and who would want to have such false hopes for that?!?
But it'so just fine with me, really. It doesn't matter to me anymore, whether or not I would be able to run for cum laude and have it. I know it's still something different, graduating "with honors" but as you can see, with some kind of a not so impressive performance O had, I really can't do it at all. And I just don't want to give myself a hard time now (hey, I know that running for and being cum laude emeans hard work, but great work done in the end.. yet I can't find my interest in it anymore.. haha. meganun!!), because for the record, for the first ten years of my life as a student, I've already undergone some kind of a torture with pressure and stress to remain in the top students' lists. (I didn't even miss those quarterly post-ups of top students, really. hahaha) It has been quite advantageous in some ways, being on the honor roll, but it could still have its disadvantages. Now, I don't want to experience those disadvantages, as I faced the reality that I can't really run for honors anymore.
Besides, I know that even though I couldn't really make it, even in the list of candidates for graduating with honors, I have still been able to prove my capabilities not only as a student, but generally speaking, as a person as well. I have already done it in the past, and could go on doing it in the future, in such a way that doesn't necessarily involve having certain honors. Another one, I don't want to study now, because I just have to be on the top students, like what I have done since I was in the first grade until in my last year in high school (Come to think of it, I kind of disliked it in some ways... hahaha. adik lang.). I have to study to be the best student I can be, regardless of how many recognitions or awards or whatever merits could be given. Yun yun eh.
***
Bye for now. This isn't exactly everything I was going to post. Kulang pa to. haha. Hahabol na lang ang byuti ko! Auf Wiedersehen!
1 comment:
kamusta grades? exchange infos naman tayo. haha. nabalitaan ko nga rin ung kay sir lopez. lagi namang ganun yan eh. kahit last year nagparemoval din tapos ang grade ng mga nagremoval eh 1.75, 2.00 o 2.25. removal nga. wahaha.
Post a Comment