Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Talking About the Nation

PNoy for the Pinoys




Do you update yourself with the current Philippine political happenings? Could you share recent political news that you know?

It has been  a manner for me to watch the daily news and update myself with the current events in our country, even when my time doesn't seem to permit it so. I think, the tragic Manila Bus Hostage scene last Monday could be considered as a "recent political news" since the authorities, i. e. the people that comprises the three branches of the government, are involved with this issue. The last week's event has a tremendous effect for ever citizen concerned, as well.

How do you feel about the recent change in governance?

I feel impressed with these changes; as of now, PNoy has shown that the Filipino made the right choice to vote for him in this year's National Elections.

Since the change in governance, what are the changes in the national level that you are aware of?

That the long holidays aren't much considered lately... Hehe. And that PNoy enforces or encourages more of the patriotism in any possible way.

Looking at the new Administration, what are the things you expect to happen to you personally in the next 3 months?

It is hard to expect for something and then end up disappointed because the expected didn't happen... But I think might hope for some improvement in the services rendered by the government, if ever I would be involved in activities regarding those services.

Looking at the new Administration, what are the things you expect to happen to the country in the next 6 years?

I am not going to expect, I am HOPING that the status of the Philippines, economic or otherwise, would have improvements than that of the previous years.

Color of Nationalism: If nationalism were a color, what would I be? What made you choose that color?


RED would be the perfect color. It is the embodiment of the Filipino blood that flows through the veins of every Filipino citizen, natural-born, and otherwise as well.

Do you think the new government brought out a rise in Filipino nationalism? Why or why not? 

I think that, at some point, this new government did bring out a different trend to our nationalism. Hopefully, this wouldn't be any hype but a mark that will remain in the history of the Philippines.


What do you think about PNoy’s most recent SONA? Do you think his promises are doable?

For me, his promises are certainly doable, especially if PNoy has the total determination to accomplish each and every promise he has made and plan he had laid out for the sake of our country.

No comments: