Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Environment News...


Rain! Rain!

  Who are you when it’s raining?  Please tell us a story of one significant event that would describe your habits during the rainy season.

During the rainy season? Before, when I was still in the province, I would usually enjoy the rainy seasons in the house, lounging around, or getting lots and lots of sleep. If not, and if under some circumstances, I would have to get out and wade through the flooded streets to run some errands or whatsoever. Aside from those, there aren't any other significant events that could illustrate my rainy day habits. :)

Do you have things that you look forward to during the rainy season?

Of course, I do. Just like any typical student would respond, I will say I look forward to suspension of classes when the country is attacked by a typhoon, especially at times when I'm not encouraged enough to go to school. XD

After Ondoy and Basyang, how do you prepare for the rainy season?

I always bring my umbrella (and a pair of slippers) every time I go to school, or any other place. At home, we are always reminded to have a supply of water ready in case of lack of water supply (which happened during Basyang days). And also candles and matches if ever blackouts would take place. Oh, well, we've been used to typhoon phenomena, although not as worse as Ondoy or Basyang... Our family could easily manage getting through the fits of Mother Nature's wrath.

Tubig: A Problem too big?

What are your thoughts on the water problem encountered in Metro Manila?
 I find the recent problems very much disturbing and not to mention, annoying. A resolution must be executed, to end the inconvenience brought about by lack of water supply. I still can't take to lead a life without water!
  Do you personally do things to help solve the water crisis?  What are these?

Yes. My mom never fails to remind us to minimize the pressure when opening the tap water faucet, because it not only accelerates the water meter, but could also lead to water spillage. We always keep an ample supply of water, just to be ready for unannounced water shortage.


No comments: