Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

[Still] Frustrated with "Babaing Hampas Lupa"

Nida Blanca and Rogelio dela Rosa...
They certainly make a great on-screen tandem... Don't they?

[source: Video 48]

I have been and am still dying to see Babaing Hampas Lupa (1952).

It has torn my heart to find out that this one belongs to those films which didn't survive the test of time. My already crippled heart is wrenched even more every time I am reminded that I MAY PROBABLY NEVER BE ABLE TO WATCH NIDA BLANCA IN HER FIRST STARRING ROLE, AND WITH ROGELIO DELA ROSA ALONG HER (Unless some brilliant creature will be finally able to find a way how to time travel!).

Nevertheless, I am still keeping my hopes up and my fingers crossed. Who knows? Perhaps, a surviving copy still exists around, somewhere; away from the prying eyes of spectators; and only wanting to have a little game of hide and seek before revealing itself... We'll never know.

No comments: