Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Cringe. And some more cringe.

I can't understand why I keep on cringing lately at the mere sight of my older posts here. A certain feeling of awkwardness surges in me as I dare to read on to my younger self's words. The earlier blog posts sound a bit too loud for me now, they also make me want to cover up my ears just to stop the noise they make. It's like I don't know anymore the person who have written down all those blog posts in the previous years.

Maybe some things--with me, or at least with my notions with things I wrote about back then--must have changed already. Thus my reaction as I go through the stuff in this site. And I wasn't fully aware of those changes, until I took a closer look at the contents of this blog once more. The changes seem to be a bit too drastic that they end up hitting me hard in the face for me not to notice it.

I've been thinking of either putting up a new blog or overhauling this one. Unwilling to go through all the work of creating yet another blog, I choose the latter. I still cringe at the thought of all the other posts prior to this one. just what the heck is wrong with you? Well, maybe I could just pretend that those previous ideas I have posted do not exist--when in fact, they do. Not only that, a handful of people might have come across those ideas already. I'll just keep those posts, anyway. They're still a part of what I have been before (though not what I am now?), and perhaps they could also show/tell you, reader, about that change I have mentioned earlier. Then you'll see. And hopefully, you'll understand, too.

***

This is where it should end for now. No, stop. Don't do some edits anymore. It's alright to be a human with an imperfect English. You're on a blog, for heaven's sake. Not on the broadsheets. Not on an editorial. Oh, the Grammar Nazi in me and those OC tendencies: Shut up

No comments: