Exactly a year had passed since that fateful day.
That day when a great blessing came knocking on my door, in the form of
"Juan and Nena NepoMusical" auditions.
And so I let it in with open arms and a heart filled with seven years' worth of longing... but all of a sudden, with reluctance, too.
My initial thoughts right after stumbling upon the audition poster was, "
Lord, ito na po ba 'yun? Is this the chance I've long been waiting for?" For the following days after learning about the auditions, I kept on questioning myself. The timing of the events was unbelievable for me; this blessing of an audition came out of the blue, when I wasn't even asking for it at all. Although exhilarated, I was terrified as well by the enormity of this opportunity. I never knew getting nearer to reaching a big dream could be so scary, until I came across this one. I might have gotten a bit too scared, I started having second thoughts on going to the auditions.
Up to the very last minute, I was reluctant. On the way to the venue, I reflected again on what I was about to do. After seven years of waiting, was I ready for this? It would surely be life-changing, if ever I get accepted—and perhaps, that notion of change was one reason behind my reluctance. Eh kung umatras na muna ako? Saka na lang, may next time pa naman siguro. I was already roaming nervously around the HAU campus as I searched for the venue, yet I let hesitation eat me up. Ironically, I had the gall to tell myself, "
TEH, PWEDE KA PANG UMATRAS. MAY ORAS KA PA!!!"
But goodness gracious, I had to remind myself once more how long I've waited for this chance to arrive. Since I was sixteen, I had been desperately dreaming of stepping on stage and performing in a musical play. I was already twenty-three when I finally found the perfect chance to live that dream. It dawned to me again, if I decided against grabbing that chance, then it would become one of my greatest regrets in this lifetime.
Turning back should have been out of the question right from the start. There is no other way to go but forward, straight to the aim; no other time to make things happen but right at that moment. It took me a huge lot of courage and tons of prayers just to get into the whole thing. Waiting for my turn to face the panel remained to be nerve-wracking. Nevertheless, I couldn't be happier simply because I made it through the auditions. To add up some relief, we—the people in the audition room and I—were all smiles even as I exited the venue.

One week later, I found another reason not only to smile but also shout in rejoice. The good news came. I got accepted to become a part of Teatru Kapampangan's newest musical.
 |
| The good news. :) |
From that day on, I watched closely as the mere dream I once had began to turn into reality.
However, aspiring for your dreams was one thing. Reaching for them was another. It had not been an easy journey; it will never be so. The months of preparation for "Juan and Nena NepoMusical" served to be a new learning experience for the neophyte that I was. Among the many lessons learned during the rehearsals, one of them stood out:
living a dream also means working hard for it. The good Lord had at last blessed me with this beautiful opportunity of reaching my dream. By then, it was my turn to exert effort for its total realization. There had been instances when rehearsals could get more exhausting than I had expected, or life gets in the way, in general. I couldn't help but think of what I had gotten in to. I would ask myself, is this what I want now? I only have to look back to the previous day at the rehearsals so as to recall the rush of being on-stage—I may have never felt so alive in my entire existence, and we weren't even performing the actual show yet! My answer would then be YES. This is what I have always wanted.
A year had gone by since that fateful afternoon. Nothing has been the same since then. Although not all had turned out as how I intended them to be, the past year had taught me to have stronger faith in God's plan. For eventually, things will fall in to place, at the most perfect timing. And when it happens (well, even if it still doesn't), it is good to hold a grateful heart.
That's how it has been in this case. Now my new question is:
what more could I ask for?
 |
| "Goooooood eeeeeeevening, Hooooolyy Aaaaaangeeeel!!!" |
 |
| "What is this senseless war, what is this imposition? They have traveled far to spread fear and agression!" |
 |
| "So, we don't have to use bombs and guns anymore. And you will be the National Hero of World War II!!!" |
 |
| Liberty, oh liberty... |
Right after the successful premiere of "Juan and Nena" last March, I was fortunate enough to become a part of
"Tulauk: A Lenten Sarswela" on its fourth year. By May, "Juan and Nena" was back once again. Come July, another re-run of
"I Love Pope Francis: The Musical" was performed in AFP Theater in Quezon City—I got to be one of the nuns!!! :D Meanwhile, here we are again, after a year, facing another new beginning with Teatru Kapampangan.
Not bad for the first year of reaching your dreams, right?
 |
| "Ginu, kapilan kami minawa? Kapilan mi takman ing bie makwalta? Kalulu kami mu, Ginu. E ra ka man adinan maski nanu." |
 |
"Itas me ing buntuk mu, abe/ King kekang bie, datang mu rin ing masalese..."
A scene with Fr. Ric Luzung (who played the role of Jesus Christ) in "Tulauk: A Lenten Sarswela"
|
 |
"Itas me ing buntuk mu, abe/ King kekang bie datang mu rin ing masalese..."
A scene with Fr. Ric Luzung (Jesus Christ) in "Tulauk: A Lenten Sarswela" |
 |
"Juan and Nena NepoMusical" - The Repeat Performance
Featuring the "kumadres"/"kosiangs" whom I would love to call as the "Titas of Pampanga" :D
|
 |
| Sister Gie :) |
 |
| The "Running Nuns" of "I Love Pope Francis: The Musical" |
 |
| With RR, as one of the youth of San Felipe Parish |
 |
| "Lala, thank you, Papa!" |
 |
| To be in line with the seasoned ladies of the theater during the curtain call... What an honor! |
 |
| With Josh (ArtiSta. Rita/Teatru Kapampangan), Sheila (HAU Repertory), Cedric (HAU Rep), and Fr. Jon (TK), after another day of show (Juan and Nena) |
 |
| with the HAU Rep kids, having a game of... what was that again? 'Yung Bertie Bott's beans ang peg. Haha! (Juan and Nena) |
 |
| With Arti/TK/St. Jude Parish Youth Ministry kids (Tulauk @ St. Jude Parish) |
 |
| Sam, nasaan na naman ang mga mata mo? lol (Tulauk @ St. Jude Parish) |
 |
| Before the run through of "Pope Francis" |
 |
| Right after the premiere show at AFP Theater (Pope Francis!!!) |
 |
| With our associate director, Sir Randy del Rosario (Tulauk @Guagua) |
 |
| With our director, "Dance Master" Andy Alviz (Tulauk @ Guagua) |
 |
| Backstage kulitan with our newest babies, Adah and RR :) |
 |
| WACKY!!! |
 |
| Teatru Kapampangan at AFP Theater, last July 2, 2016 :) |
Definitely not bad at all.
[Credits to the owners of these wonderful photos.]
No comments:
Post a Comment