Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Goodbye Movie Card, Hello Saving Sally



This SM Movie Card had been in my possession for around three and a half years already. I nearly lost it then, but found it again after some time. Good thing it has no expiry. So as long as the card is in good condition, it will be honored in whichever SM Cinema you choose to watch. Miraculously, mine remained intact in all those years. Every once in a while I had also been checking if there is any quality film to use this movie card on.

However, I have never gotten around to actually using the card. Akala ko nga mangingitlog na ito sa tagal nito sa akin. Haha. Truth be told, as much as a self-proclaimed cinephile that I am, I am not a big fan of watching a film in the movie house. This was probably one reason why I almost never used the movie card... until yesterday.



Goodbye Movie Card. Hello Saving Sally.

It was a different story come the announcement of the Metro Manila Film Festival 2016 entries. Even at a glance, all the entries seemed so good; they are worth every effort of going to the cinemas. By then, I already knew I can–SHOULD finally make use of my three-year old movie card.

Seklusyon and Die Beautiful were the only MMFF entries being shown in the “nearest” SM mall, i.e. SM City Pampanga. Although as I’ve said, all the entries are of good quality, I had been rooting for the latter film. Yet I had to decide at the last minute because I had found out that another goodie, Saving Sally, was already being shown in the mentioned mall. Add up another rare moment of chancing upon some friends who were about to see the same film and voila!

This movie card worth 150Php had let me see Saving Sally AND SAVE 75% off the ticket price of 200Php! It had taken quite a while for me to use the movie card but it had served a very good purpose. At long last!

No comments: