Next in line na sana ako. Pero bago pa kuhanin ng cashier ang order ko, mahinahon siyang nakiusap na unahin ang customer na nasa likuran ko. Senior citizen pala ito.
Hinayaan ko naman. Medyo nagulat pa ako. Akala ko kasi, priority lane 'yung pinilahan ko. I had to check but there was no label saying it is a priority lane. Still, the cashier just did the right thing. Not just right, but lawful, as well. I had to remind myself: dapat talagang unahin ang mga priority persons--senior citizens as well as PWDs--even in the absence of the priority lanes in whatever establishment. This gesture is not only consideration for them; it is already a part of their rights as it is also stated in a section of the respective Republic Acts for SCs and PWDs. (So if ever any of us would encounter a similar situation in the future, let us avoid making reklamo na po, pls hehehe.)
Besides, I would have definitely wanted the same thing to happen had the next customer been my grandmother. In fact, in the simplest ways possible, I've been kind of fighting for their rights over these kind of things simply because it is their right, after all.
When it was finally my turn for my order to be taken, the cashier looked at me and gave me a smile.
It must have been the warmest smile I had received throughout the day.
***
It is so refreshing to see how people are becoming more cooperative regarding this matter. It's about time.
So here's to every fast food crew, like the lady cashier I've encountered last night, and to all the workers who do their best to look after not only the needs but also the rights of their customers. For a job well-done, know that you are very much appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment